Mon Sep 27, 2010 @ 12:06PM PST
Entertainment law odds and ends ...
- L.A.'s Southwestern Law School threw a reception last week at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills welcoming Steven Krone (right) as the new director of the school's Donald E. Biederman Entertainment and Media Law Institute. Those welcoming Krone included Lionsgate general counsel Wayne Levin, Disney's chief privacy legal officer Jonathan Avila and Reid Sullivan, CFO for CBS FIlms.
- Copyright litigator Gregory Olaniran has joined Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp as a partner in the Washington office. He was with Stinson Morrison Hecker.
- Former William Morris general counsel David Kekst has joined production company Cosmic Toast Studios as partner and CEO. Cosmic Toast (which might rival David Letterman's Worldwide Pants as our favorite name for a Hollywood company) specializes in animation, music scoring and sound effects.
- IP trial lawyer Craig Holden has joined the L.A. office of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith as a partner.
- Congrats to Cheryl Snow, partner at L.A. talent boutique Gang Tyre Ramer & Brown, who had a daughter, Charlotte, with husband David.