Staffing Roundup: Promotions at Sony, NBC, StarzMon Sep 07, 2009 @ 11:47PM PST
Some recent entertainment law moves:
- Corii Berg has been tapped by Sony Pictures Television to be senior executive vp business affairs after the company consolidated its domestic and international business affairs divisions. Berg (right) was most recently executive vp and deputy general counsel at Sony Pictures Entertainment, heading the company's corporate legal affairs group. He joined SPE in 1995 and has been promoted several times since coming aboard.
- Inge Van Herle has been promoted to senior vp business affairs for NBC Universal Domestic TV Distribution. Van Herle recently played an integral role in the division's pacts for syndication of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and "Deal or No Deal" and will continue to oversee business affairs for first-run production and distribution.
- Starz Entertainment elevated Michelle Parker to senior vp business and legal affairs. Parker acts as the lead attorney for all new media and technology matters for the Starz pay television business and Starz Media. She was formerly a vp in the distribution group and joined the company in 2005.
- Litigator Suann MacIsaac (right) has joined Santa Monica's Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert as a partner. MacIsaac, previously a partner with Greenberg Glusker, specializes in video game litigation and has represented Ubisoft and game developer Spark Unlimited.
- Channing Johnson has joined Loeb & Loeb's Los Angeles office as a partner in the firm's entertainment group. Johnson, formerly a co-founding partner of the LA office of Akin Gump, advises a variety of companies on dealmaking including financing and distribution agreements.