Staffing Roundup: Comedy Central; NBC Uni; O'MelvenyThu Oct 22, 2009 @ 03:39PM PST
Here's a roundup of recent promotions and hirings:
- Comedy Central has appointed Melissa Bear and Michael Tenzer as senior vps in its business and legal affairs department. Bear (pictured) previously was vp business and legal affairs at TV Land and will now handle the east coast for Comedy Central. Tenzer, who previously was senior vp and head of television business affairs at ICM, will handle the west coast.
- Lauren McCollester has been promoted to senior vp business affairs for NBC Universal's cable division. She will handle negotiations for all of the company's cable properties with particular focus on Bravo and Oxygen. Jeeun Kim also also been promoted to vp in the same unit.
- Adam Sullins has joined O'Melveny & Myers as counsel in the firm's Century City office. He rejoins the firm after spending four years serving as general counsel for Upper Deck, the sports trading card company. Sullins will advise the Sports & Media Practice group on intellectual property, sponsorship licensing, and rights issues as part of complex transactions.
- Film finance dealmaker and litigator Gary Raskin has departed LA's Raskin Peter Rubin & Simon. The firm will rename itself, with Barbara Rubin taking over as managing partner.
- Hasbro, which recently launched a studio to produce shows based on its intellectual property, has appointed Kevin Healy as head of business and legal affairs for the entertainment and licensing division.