Tue Dec 15, 2009 @ 11:06AM PST
By Eriq Gardner
Woods has hired LA entertainment litigation boutique Lavely & Singer to represent him.
The move sends a strong message that Woods will be aggressive in protecting himself from breaches of privacy and defamation. Among the stories we've covered involving Lavely & Singer this year alone:
That's just a start. We're not sure that litigation and cease-and-desist letters are the smartest way to rehab the golfer's image, but we'll let others debate that point.
- Representation of "Grey's Anatomy" star Eric Dane and his actress wife Rebecca Gayheart in a lawsuit against Gawker for posting a tape of them nude with another girl.
- Representation of actor Jeremy Piven in a cease-and-desist letter to stop a theatrical play that made fun of "Sushigate."
- Representation of Jennifer Lopez in a lawsuit with her ex-husband over a purported sex tape.
- Representation of reality star Kate Gosselin in her battle with husband Jon.
- Representation of Bruce Willis in a $8.7 million countersuit against producers of "Three Stories About Joan"
- Representation of Oscar-winning "Milk" screenwriter Dustin Lance Black in a lawsuit over nude photos