'Hurt Locker' producer files massive antipiracy lawsuitFri May 28, 2010 @ 10:30AM PST
By Eriq Gardner
It's official. "Hurt Locker" producer Voltage Pictures has declared war on 5,000 unidentified people who allegedly pirated the Oscar-winning film. The lawsuit was filed this week in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
For background on the story, here's what we've posted to date:
- New litigation campaign quietly targets tens of thousands of movie downloaders.
- "Hurt Locker" producer about to sue an army of pirates
- Time Warner Cable resisting new antipiracy campaign
- EFF recruiting attorneys to fight piracy lawsuits
- Is Time Warner Cable about to be sued for copyright infringement?